Who doesn’t like American pancakes for breakfast? Well if you’re intolerant to wheat or gluten then maybe you’ve been missing out. Biteappy founder, Caroline Oldham, has the perfect solution – gluten free pancakes!
You can top them with anything you like, one of Caroline’s favourites is berries and maple syrup. The health benefits of maple syrup may surprise you; it comes directly from a plant’s sap and is a natural sweetener.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp gluten free baking powder
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 30g dairy free butter
- 300ml oat milk
- 225g gluten free plain flour
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks
- Add the milk, flour, baking powder and sugar to the yolks and beat to form a batter
- Whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks, then fold the batter in with a large spoon
- Place the pan on medium heat and ladle the mixture into the pan, cooking for a few minutes on each side, until golden brown
- Serve with the topping of your choice!