Our 3 simple steps for a full test programme
A child’s diet can have a huge impact on their health: mood swings, lack of concentration, lethargy, bloating, stomach pains and headaches could be the result of your child overindulging in their favourite sweet treat, but if he or she regularly suffers from these symptoms after eating, a food intolerance† could be responsible.
We have expertly developed FoodScan Junior for children between the ages of 2 and 18 to pinpoint their individual trigger foods, and identify what we call their “food fingerprint”. We test your child’s reactions to 113 food and drink ingredients, including sugar cane, cow’s milk and soybeans. The programme also includes a food and drinks diary, plus two telephone consultations with one of our nutritional therapists who will offer alternatives to your child’s trigger foods and give you personalised advice.
What's included in the kit?
2 x Sterile Lancets
Yellow lancets gently prick the skin through the click of a button
2 x Absorbent Wands & Containers
The mini wands absorb a small amount a blood
1 x Plaster
Seals the tiny pin-prick mark on your finger and keeps it clean
1 x Alcohol-free cleansing wipe sachet
Clears dirt and kills bacteria on the skin
1 x Customer Details Form
Simply sign the Customer Details Form
1 x Prepaid Envelope*
Post your sample back to us, fuss-free
More information on the FoodScan Junior Programme
- Convenient home testing kit – no need to visit our laboratory
- Expert testing and analysis of IgG antibody reactions to 113 foods from our qualified laboratory scientists
- Two 30-minute telephone consultations with one of our BANT* registered Nutritional Therapists
- Letter for your childcare provider or school, explaining your child’s dietary requirements
- Handy ID results card to carry with you
- No reaction, no cost. If no reactions are identified, YorkTest will refund you £225 (available when you purchase the complete programme at the RRP)
The FoodScan Junior will identify your child’s trigger foods through IgG testing. There are four different types of food-specific IgG antibodies. Unlike a high percentage of our competitors, we test the levels of all of these antibodies. You can find more on this here.
This programme is also jam-packed with post-test support, including: two 30-minute telephone consultations with a nutritional therapist (you can meet them all here), continued guidance from our Customer Care team, a letter for your childcare provider or school and a useful ID results card to slip into your wallet or purse.
Please note that this test will NOT pick up on the following:
- Chemical sensitivities
- Histamine sensitivity
- Coeliac disease
- Food allergies (IgE antibodies)
- Enzyme deficiencies, such as lactose intolerance
The kit box
The YorkTest FoodScan Junior kit contains all you need to take a small blood sample (2-3 drops) in the comfort of your own home. Simply return your child’s sample in the pre-paid envelope** provided to our York laboratories and we’ll do the rest. Your child’s confidential results and additional support material will be posted to you within 10 days.
Your child’s results
Your child’s results will be presented in a colour-coded report detailing the degree of intolerance – green meaning no reaction, amber for borderline and red showing a reaction. This means that raised levels of food-specific IgG antibodies have been detected in your child’s blood.
If you have already taken the decision to eliminate particular foods from your child’s diet, they may not show up as a reaction on their results. If you know of any foods that cause your child to feel unwell, do not allow them to start eating them; we don’t encourage your child to eat any foods which you already know are a problem to them.
The main purpose of FoodScan Junior is to detect your child’s trigger foods and to help them balance their diet with nutritious alternatives. It’s important to us that your child discovers and explores other alternatives whilst safely removing problematic ingredients without depriving your child of essential nutrients. That’s why we offer nutritional consultations for you and your child after you’ve received their results.
We are the only food intolerance company† to provide nutritional aftercare from BANT*/CNHC qualified nutritional therapists. As part of the programme, you’ll receive two 30-minute telephone consultations. During this time, you’ll be able to discuss your child’s results and ask any questions you may have to ensure you feel confident with your child’s new diet.
We pride ourselves on our accuracy. In fact, it’s one of our key values in our quality charter. We have a >98% reproducibility rate, which means that, on average, two separate tests carried out at the same time with the same person’s sample will correlate with each other >98% of the time.
Our laboratory processes and science are overseen by expert Biochemist, Dr Gill Hart who joined us in 2005. She has over 30 years’ experience in the development and validation of diagnostic tests and steers the company’s research opportunities and product development, too! You can find more on why you should trust and choose YorkTest here.
We’re proud of the programmes we’ve expertly developed throughout the years. We understand that putting your child’s health into our hands is a pretty big deal, so here’s some reasons why you should:
- Food Intolerance Testing Company of the Year 2018
- Chosen by 50% of the UK food intolerance testing market
- The only food intolerance testing company to include up to two consultations with a BANT*/CNHC qualified nutritional therapist as part of our aftercare
- We have programmes, which cater for specific diets, common health conditions and different age groups. These include our IBS diet programme, Modern Living programme and award winning FoodScan Junior test
- 4 out of 5 customers saw improvements in their health after following a YorkTest programme, according to our customer survey results 2017
- We have start-to-end support which doesn’t stop as soon as you pay for your programme. Our processes are all in-house – from dispatching your kit, to testing your blood sample, fully safeguarding your confidentiality
- We’re a global brand trading in 49 countries and counting
For even more reasons why you should choose YorkTest, please check out our Why YorkTest? page
FoodScan Junior Ingredients list:
- Cow’s Milk
- Egg White
- Egg Yolk
- Cow’s milk
- Corn (Maize)
- Gliadin (Gluten)
- Chilli Pepper
- Mustard Seed
- Brazil nut
- Cashew nut
- Cocoa Bean
- Cola Nut
- Sesame Seed
- Sunflower Seed
- Brussel Sprouts
- Haricot Bean
- Kidney Bean
- Peppers (Capsicum)
- String Bean
† YorkTest define Food Intolerance as a food-specific IgG reaction. Our information is intended to provide nutritional advice for dietary optimisation. YorkTest do not claim to treat or cure symptoms and recommend that you discuss any medical concerns you have with a GP before undertaking a YorkTest programme.
*British Association for Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine
**Shipping is prepaid in the UK, USA, Norway, Australia and Ireland only