Our 3 simple Steps for a full test programme
Did you know that Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) affects 1 in 6 people? This gastrointestinal disorder can develop at any age and at any time. Symptoms of IBS can be wide-ranging – from bloating and gas through to painful abdominal cramps, diarrhoea and constipation. Food intolerance† has been associated with the condition and in some cases, could be the root cause.
Here at YorkTest, we understand that digestive issues can interfere with your day-to-day life. That’s why we’ve expertly developed the IBS Diet Programme. Not only do we test your reactions to up to 208 ingredients, but we provide post-test support through the form of nutritional consultations, a personalised low FODMAP list and extra supporting material to help you along the way.
What's included in the kit?
2 x Sterile Lancets
Yellow lancets gently prick the skin through the click of a button
2 x Absorbent Wands & Containers
The mini wands absorb a small amount a blood
1 x Plaster
Seals the tiny pin-prick mark on your finger and keeps it clean
1 x Alcohol-free cleansing wipe sachet
Clears dirt and kills bacteria on the skin
1 x Customer Details Form
Simply sign the Customer Details Form
1 x Prepaid Envelope*
Post your sample back to us, fuss-free
More information on the Food&DrinkScan
- Home-to-laboratory testing kit sent straight to your door, no travel needed
- Expert testing and analysis of IgG antibody reactions to 158 or 208 food and drink ingredients
- Your results sent to you within 10 days – both digitally and physically
- Personalised list of FODMAP foods tailored to your results
- Up to two 30-minute consultations with a BANT* registered Nutritional Therapist
- Support and guidance from our friendly Customer Care team
- Post-test materials, including a comprehensive guidebook and 12-week food planner
- No reaction? Get your money back. If no reactions are identified, we’ll refund you £294 (standard programme) or £340 (premium) when purchased at RRP – available for UK and Ireland customers only
The IBS Diet Programme aims to identify your individual trigger foods – something we call your ‘food fingerprint’ here at YorkTest. Pinpointing your trigger foods through IgG testing gives you the starting base for an elimination diet which could help you to manage your digestive symptoms. There are four different types of food-specific IgG antibodies. Unlike many of our competitors, we test the levels of all four antibodies. You can read more on this here.
You have the option to select the standard IBS Diet Programme which tests for 158 ingredients and includes one 30-minute consultation with a nutritional therapist. Alternatively, you can opt for the Premium option which tests for 208 ingredients and includes two 30-minute consultations. Both of these programmes come with a personalised low FODMAP list and extra materials to optimise your diet.
Please note that this test will NOT pick up on the following:
- Chemical sensitivities
- Histamine sensitivity
- Coeliac disease
- Food allergies (IgE antibodies)
- Enzyme deficiencies, such as lactose intolerance
The kit box
This programme is a home-to-laboratory testing kit, so you can take the small blood sample in the comfort of your own home, no travel needed. We’ll simply send the IBS Diet Programme straight to your door. All you need to do is follow the step-by-step instructions in the enclosed leaflet, send it back off to us in your prepaid envelope (applicable to certain countries only**) and we’ll do the rest.
Your results will be sent to you in 10 days, both digitally and physically. They’ll be presented in a colour-coded format detailing your degree of intolerance – red for reaction, amber for borderline and green meaning no reaction.
You’ll be given a personalised low FODMAP list and extra material to further help you manage your digestive symptoms, along with up to two 30-minute consultations with a BANT* registered nutritional therapist. Your consultations will be the stepping stone between finding out your results and confidently actioning diet changes to improve your health and wellbeing. You can take a look at all of our Nutritional Therapists here.
Yes, up to 208 food and drink ingredients are tested within this programme. Ingredients include naturally high FODMAP foods, such as garlic, onion, cow’s milk, apples, and various legumes and pulses, like chickpeas and soybeans.
We’re proud to say that we have a >98% reproducibility rate. This means that, on average, two separate tests carried out at the same time with the same person’s sample will correlate with each other >98% of the time.
To aid our accuracy and credibility, our laboratory and science are overseen by expert Biochemist, Dr Gill Hart who joined us in 2005 and has over 30 years’ experience in the development and validation of diagnostic tests and services. She steers the company’s research opportunities and product development, too! You can find more on why you should trust and choose YorkTest here.
You can also read our Customer Survey Results 2017
FODMAP stands for Fermentable, Oligo-, Di-, Mono-saccrides and Polyols. They are certain types of carbohydrates that are poorly absorbed in the small intestine. When they pass through into the large intenstine, bacteria ferment them. The combination of both this bacteria and FODMAP foods produces large amount of gas which can result in classic symptoms of IBS.
Following a low FODMAP diet has been shown to be effective in treating IBS symptoms for approximately 70% of people who implement it and is used by the NHS††.
Your IBS Diet programme comes with a personalised list of low FODMAP foods based on your individual results and a 12-week food and drink diary to help you track your progress.
We’re proud of the programmes we’ve expertly developed throughout the years and the difference we’ve made to people’s health around the world. We understand that putting your health into our hands is a pretty big deal, so here’s some reasons why you should:
- We’re Food Intolerance Testing Company of the Year 2018 and have been chosen by 50% of the UK market
- Unlike many competitors, we test for all four types of food-specific IgG antibody
- We are the only food intolerance† company to provide nutritional aftercare from BANT*/CNHC registered Nutritional Therapists.
- Our laboratory uses the ELISA testing method, widely regarded as the most valid and accurate IgG test available
- Chosen by 50% of the UK’s food intolerance testing market
- 99.1% reproducibility achieved
- Our ISO-accredited, on-site laboratory is overseen by our Scientific Director, Dr Gill Hart, a renowed UK biochemist who has over 30 years’ experience in her field. You can read our quality charter here.
- In our latest customer survey,4 out of 5 customers saw improvements in their health after following a YorkTest programme
You can take a look at our Why Choose YorkTest page for further info.
- Cows Milk
- Egg White
- Egg Yolk
- Acai Berry
- Burdock Root
- Cows Milk
- Dandelion Root
- Elderflower Mix
- Ginseng (Korean)
- Ginseng (Siberian)
- Goats Milk
- Grape (Cabernet Sauvignon)
- Grape (Chardonnay)
- Grape (Chenin Blanc)
- Grape (Concord)
- Grape (Malbec)
- Grape (Merlot)
- Grape (Pinot Grigio)
- Grape (Pinot Noir)
- Grape (Red Zinfandel Mix)
- Grape (Riesling)
- Grape (Sauvignon Blanc)
- Grape (Syrah/Shiraz)
- Grape (White Zinfandel)
- Green Tea
- Rooibos (Red Bush Tea)
- Sheeps Milk
- Sugar Cane
- Gogi Berry
- Dinkel Flour
- Agar Agar
- Anise Seed
- Chilli Pepper
- Curry Leaves/Curry Powder
- Mustard Seed
- Brazil nut
- Cashew nut
- Cocoa Bean
- Cola Nut
- Sesame Seed
- Sugar Cane
- Sunflower Seed
- Brussel Sprouts
- Haricot Bean
- Kidney Bean
- String Bean
What our customers say
† YorkTest define Food Intolerance as a food-specific IgG reaction. Our information is intended to provide nutritional advice for dietary optimisation. YorkTest do not claim to treat or cure symptoms and recommend that you discuss any medical concerns you have with a GP before undertaking a YorkTest programme.
†† Gibson P and Shepherd S, 2010: Evidence-based dietary management of functional gastrointestinal symptoms: The FODMAP approach. J Gastroenterol Hepatol 25, 252 B. Click here to read the full scientific paper.
*British Association for Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine
**Shipping is prepaid in the UK, USA, Norway, Australia and Ireland only