Overall purpose of the role:
- • Oversee routine laboratory testing, supplier management, engineer/ servicing of instrumentation, Quality Control processes, plate manufacturing, stock management and staff management.
- • To be responsible for the organisational planning of daily tasks in the laboratory team.
- • To be an integral part of the quality assurance team, conducting internal audits, raising NCRs, and writing SOPs.
- • Perform advanced immunochemistry testing in the laboratory and lead the team in a quality focused high throughput environment.
- • Demonstrates effective leadership through the ability to guide, influence, inspire and empathise with others.
- • Must have a minimum of bachelor’s degree in Science discipline (preferable medical science, biology, immunology, or chemistry)
- • Min 3 years in a leadership role.
- • Min 3 years laboratory experience (preferably biochemistry/ immunology disciplines)
- • Strong analytical aptitude (preferable method development/ validation experience)
- • Highly organised and focused individual
- • Excellent communication skills
- • Must be flexible and adaptable to change.
- • Excellent time management & a professional attitude
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Culture and environment:
- • Understand, acknowledge and take accountability for your/their purpose and required productivity.
- • Talk openly about laboratory production performance and targets to develop a strong, results-driven, team-oriented culture.
- • Maintain positive morale and representation to the Laboratory Team and establishing a good working relationship with all internal and external customers.
- • Creating and maintaining a positive working environment and taking ownership of your work
- • Develop a positive approach to issues in providing support to colleagues.
- • Manufacturing of ELISA plates ensuring all batches released meet the required QC specifications.
- • Assembly of ELISA test plates for in-house and export use.
- • To ensure export orders are prepared and shipped as required. Close liaison and working directly with export ELISA plate customers. To be actively engaged in the ordering process.
- • To manage the EQAS scheme for authorised testing laboratories.
- • Solution preparation for in-house and export use.
- • leading with laboratory team regarding ELISA plate manufacturing, QC testing.
- • Scheduling / planning work – individually and within a team
- • To ensure GDP & GLP is always followed.
- • Stock/inventory management and purchasing raw materials.
- • To be involved in the production, review and updating of SOP’s.
- • HR tasks related to managing a team.
- • Daily review of team performance against targets and expectations.
- • Excellent communication skills when liaising with our internal/external customers.
- • Maintain a high level of customer service which exceeds consumer expectations.
- • Ensure SOP’s are followed and adhered to by all Laboratory Staff.
- • COSSH Assessments and Risk Analysis
- • Carrying out experiments and investigations to aid equipment and process validation.
- • Training of laboratory staff.
- • Carry out experiments and investigations to aid new product development.
- • To Assist QA tasks by maintaining/updating QA processes.
Quality and compliance:
• Adherence to the Data Protection Act and Company Security Policy.
- • Adherence to the Laboratory Health and Safety Protocols
- • Complaints investigations conducted to determine ‘root cause’ and remove/eliminate/reduce potential of a repeat occurrence in line with YorkTest’s quality procedure.
If you would like to apply for this role please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org