Friendly experts who care about your food intolerance
YorkTest Laboratories have over 35 years of excellence in laboratory diagnostic testing, and are Europe’s leading provider of food and drink specific IgG antibody testing programmes.
We are passionate about providing you with personalised information and support that can be used to help improve the way you feel.
Accreditations & Awards
YorkTest Laboratories is committed to improving health through providing actionable, personalised information and support. Our tests are recognised and used worldwide to help people take action.
With over 35 years experience in this specialist field, our products comply with strict EC Directives and meet the highest industry guidelines.
Our awards include:
- Queen’s Award for Enterprise: Innovation
- SMART Awards from the DTI
- Fast 50 growth company
- Certification ISO9001:2008
- Certification ISO13485:2003
- European Medical Device Directive 93/42/EEC
- European In Vitro Diagnostic Directive 98/79/EC
At YorkTest we care about your health. Our Quality Charter sets out the high standards you can expect from YorkTest Laboratories.
- We will check your test at key stages throughout the laboratory process before sending you the final result.
- We will comprehensively maintain and calibrate the equipment used to test your sample to ensure accuracy.
- We will scrutinise the results of your test and only release the results when we are completely satisfied.
- We will use the latest information technology within the laboratory processes to ensure the very highest levels of accuracy.
- We will ensure your test is carried out by trained, qualified scientists at the YorkTest laboratory.
- We will ensure your sample is rigorously tested by our own in house laboratory scientists.
- You have assurance that the blood collection kits and methods used are CE marked.
- We will safeguard the confidentiality of your test throughout the process by using a unique number, enabling it to be tracked at every stage while ensuring that confidentiality is maintained.
- We will never give details of your test to any person, institution, organisation or body without your consent or unless ordered to do so by a court order.
- Your information will be kept safe at all times in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1994.
- Our quality assurance procedures are audited by independent authorities to ensure compliance with international regulations (ISO 9001:2008, ISO 13485:2003).
- YorkTest Laboratories produce unique sterile blood collection kits that comply with the European Medical Device Directive 93/42/EEC.
- Along with your results, we will issue you with comprehensive support information to ensure you maintain optimum health.
- Food and drink specific IgG reactions test customers will also receive the personal one-to-one advice from BANT/IANT* registered Nutritional Therapists to support your dietary changes.
- You will have access to a free initial consultation to help identify the correct test for you. Call our consultants on 0800 074 6185 or for Ireland 01 20 22 701.
*British/Irish Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy
- YorkTest offers a 30-day money back guarantee. You can return your test in its original and unused condition within 30 days of purchase for a full refund if you decide not to go ahead. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- When you order your test we'll despatch it within 2-5 business days.
- If you are ordering from outside the UK and Ireland please allow 2-3 weeks
YorkTest Laboratory - The Company
Established in 1982, YorkTest laboratories are Europe's leading provider of food and drink specific IgG antibody testing programmes.
About Our Testing
At YorkTest, we define food intolerance as a food-specific IgG reaction to one or more ingredients. We measure this by testing your blood sample in our laboratory, exposing your antibodies to as many as 158 food ingredients to determine if there is a reaction, and if so, how strong this is.
Armed with these results, our team of BANT and IANT registered Nutritional Therapists are able to provide you with an informative and beneficial consultation to help you optimise your diet.
Our aim is to ensure that your experience with YorkTest is as simple and easy as possible. All of our programmes are designed with you in mind. When you order a testing kit from us, everything you need to take a small blood sample is posted directly to you. All you need to do is post your sample back to us in the prepaid envelope provided and we will handle everything else.
At our York based Laboratory, we have a friendly team of dedicated professionals, passionate about understanding food intolerance and interpreting food-specific IgG results. We are proud to have fostered a unique culture which encourages each and every member of the team to contribute to the development of the company.
Our scientific laboratory team, headed up by Dr Peter Horlock manage the processing of every single sample returned to us and are extremely devoted to quality control, thoroughly checking each sample at critical stages throughout the testing procedure.
The dedication to the highest standard of care doesn’t stop at our laboratory – it is a trait we have instilled throughout the company. Our Customer Care Team work hard to ensure that every customer they talk to is completely satisfied with their YorkTest experience. When you call us, we will be happy to answer any questions you may have and talk you through the best options for you, taking plenty of time to understand your needs.
Our Nutritional Therapists are accredited by BANT/IANT (British/Irish Association of Nutritional Therapists). Each member of the team has additional specialist areas of interest within diet, nutrition and health, bringing invaluable knowledge to each and every consultation our customers book with us after completing a test. You can learn more about Nutritional Therapy consultations here
To ensure that we truly understand the experience of our customers and can relate to every stage of the customer journey, every member of staff completes a YorkTest programme. We are proud to share that through doing this, many members of the team have seen personal health improvements as a result of changing their diets – as you can imagine, food, recipes and FreeFrom alternatives are a constant topic of conversation!
If you would like to learn more about our products and how they could help you, click here
The FirstStep test is the first stage of testing, providing a simple positive/negative result for food intolerance* This test includes:
- Expert laboratory testing and analysis
- Convenient home to laboratory testing service
- Free delivery and return post to our laboratory
- See our customer reviews
Find out more about Food Intolerance with Dr Hilary Jones