37.5 hours per week Tuesday to Saturday
Person Specification (required):
• A Bachelor of Science degree or associated Biological Science discipline (recent graduates welcome).
• Strong focus on quality and efficiency, with excellent planning and organisational skills.
• You will be naturally self-motivated with strong initiative and drive
• Excellent communication skills, with competent written and spoken English, along with strong interpersonal skills.
• Computer literacy is essential.
Person Specification (desired):
• Experience of working in a laboratory, preferably using ELISA techniques.
• Prior knowledge and experience working to GLP.
• Routine laboratory testing
• Post opening and booking in samples.
• Manufacturing PSD’s.
• Quality Control testing
• Solution preparation for in-house and export use.
• To ensure all documentation is completed accurately, legibly and in a timely manner.
• Working in an orderly way – keeping laboratory work area clean and tidy through line clearance.
• Responsible for ensuring all equipment in the laboratory testing area is monitored, maintained, calibrated with suitable troubleshooting, as appropriate.
• Contribution to process improvements.
• To raise NCR’s when required
• Maintain a high level of customer service which exceeds consumer expectations.
• Maintaining a positive working environment
• Titrations of allergens to ensure correct dilutions used.
• Preparation of dilutions for production.
• Post-manufacture quality control checks
• Assembly of final plates for testing in house & export use.
• Maintenance and troubleshooting of production equipment.
What we offer:
We offer the ambitious individual the opportunity to diversify their skillset with in-depth, personalised training and development. Further to this we offer:
• A range of additional employee benefits and services
• Progression opportunities
• A fast paced environment
• A passionate team with a strong culture
• A rapidly growing, ambitious company
• 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
As Europe’s leading provider of food specific IgG antibody testing, you are joining a passionate and dynamic company with a strong scientific heritage and over 38 years’ experience at the forefront of the industry. Rapidly expanding our global footprint, we offer the career minded individual, a fantastic opportunity to grow and develop with the organisation.
yorktest Laboratories provides a comprehensive range of home to laboratory testing services to a diverse market of consumers.
We continually strive to exceed expectations, always delivering the highest possible standard of service. This commitment to excellence encompasses every area of our business, from the Laboratory to the Customer Care teams. It is our dedication to these high standards which has created the professional and conscientious environment and supportive culture we are all proud to be a part of.
At yorktest we not only care about our customers but we invest in our employees with an immersive, in depth induction on first starting, regular training schedules and personal development plans.
We are a company truly passionate about our product, and our people.
If you would like to apply for this role please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org